Monday, December 26, 2005

You can't put yr arms around a memory

"She went silent in her fury and her pain

I missed her tender voice,
the one that read to me every night

The voice that comforted me when
I was sick

I turned from my sister in a time of crisis because I was selfish and wanted only her comforting tones

I wanted her to continue as she had been when she was safe

One night darkness like a fever swallowed her up
and all I had was memories

Memories and the knowledge that I had failed her

I had not been there for her as she had been for me

I walked deep into night without even a flashlight, searching

I had no idea how to find her and was sure that I'd be lost, too

I wanted to be as I didn't want to live without her and for years I haven't been alive"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home